POLICY BRIEF & PURPOSE
This company policy includes the measures we are actively taking to mitigate the spread of coronavirus. All staff and suppliers are kindly requested to follow all these rules diligently, to sustain a healthy and safe workplace in this unique environment. It’s important that we all respond responsibly and transparently to these health precautions. We assure you that we will always treat your private health and personal data with high confidentiality and sensitivity.
This COVID-19 policy is susceptible to changes with the introduction of additional governmental guidelines. If so, we will update you as soon as possible by email.
This COVID-19 policy applies to all of our employees who physically work in our office(s), those who work remotely, as well as any suppliers and supporting services, to ensure we collectively and uniformly respond to this challenge.
Here, we outline the required actions employees should take to protect themselves and their co-workers from a potential coronavirus infection.
- Once an order has been processed and fulfilled, The Courier Guy will be instructed to collect your order from its origin address. Your order will be securely packaged and sanitised. All necessary documentation will be attached to ensure uninterrupted delivery.
- Collection of orders will be scheduled in advance so as to ensure the least possible potential exposure of any party to the coronavirus, bearing in mind the added complication of adjusted operational hours.
SICK LEAVE ARRANGEMENTS:
- If you have cold symptoms, such as cough/sneezing/fever, or feel poorly, request sick leave or work from home.
- If you have a positive COVID-19 diagnosis, you can return to the office only after you’ve fully recovered, with a doctor’s note confirming your recovery.
WORK FROM HOME REQUESTS:
- If you are feeling ill, but you are able to work, you can request to work from home.
- If you have recently returned from areas with a high number of COVID-19 cases, we’ll ask you to work from home for 14 calendar days, and return to the office only if you are fully asymptomatic. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- If you’ve been in close contact with someone infected by COVID-19, with high chances of being infected yourself, request work from home. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- If you’re a parent and you have to stay at home with your children, request work from home. Follow up with your manager or departmental leader to make arrangements and set expectations.
- If you need to provide care to a family member infected by COVID-19, request work from home. You’ll only be permitted to return to the office 14 calendar days after your family member has fully recovered, provided that you’re asymptomatic or you have a doctor’s note confirming you don’t have the virus. You will also be asked not to come into physical contact with any colleagues during this time.
- All work trips and events – both domestic and international – will be cancelled/postponed until further notice.
- In-person meetings should be done virtually where possible, especially with non-company parties (e.g. candidate interviews and partners).
- If you normally commute to the office by public transportation and do not have other alternatives, you can request to work from home as a precaution.
GENERAL HYGIENE RULES:
- Wash your hands after using the toilet, before eating, and if you cough/sneeze into your hands for at least 20 seconds. You can also use the sanitizers you’ll find around the office.
- Cough/sneeze into your sleeve, preferably into your elbow. If you use a tissue, discard it properly and clean/sanitize your hands immediately.
- Open the windows regularly to ensure open ventilation.
- Avoid touching your face, particularly eyes, nose, and mouth with your hands to prevent from getting infected.
- If you find yourself coughing/sneezing on a regular basis, avoid close physical contact with your coworkers and take extra precautionary measures (such as requesting sick leave).